When it’s time to get dressed, put your clothes on. When you must walk, then walk. When you must sit, then sit.
Don’t have a single thought in your mind about seeking Buddhahood. What Dharma do you say must be realized, and what Tao cultivated?
What do you lack in the way you are functioning right now? What will you add to where you are?
Memories are thoughts that arise. They’re not realities. Only when you believe that they are real, then they have the power over you. But when you realize it’s just another thought arising about the past, then you can have a spacious relationship with that thought. The thought no longer has you in its grip.
In a pellucid ocean,
Bubbles arise and dissolve again.
Just so, thoughts are no
Different from ultimate reality,
So don’t find fault; remain at ease.
Whatever arises, whatever occurs,
Don’t grasp—release it on the spot.
Appearances, sounds, and objects
Are all one’s own mind;
There’s nothing except mind.
Until the end
It will be worth it
Because in the end you will be praised.
Until the end
Because if you give up, you have lost,
And it gets harder, the way up
1. Write about the things that are getting you down.
2. Go for a walk, or exercise.
3. Do something creative.
4. Listen to your favourite music.
5. Make a list of the things you’re thankful for.
6. Take a break from your phone and social media.
7. Do something kind for yourself.
8. Do something kind for someone else.
9. Watch a funny movie.
10. Remind yourself that feelings are temporary.
If you want to know what your thoughts were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will look like in the future, look at your thoughts today.
1. Believe that you can have a new, and better, future.
2. Believe that you can get there – one step and day at a time.
3. Allow yourself to really feel your feelings.
4. Don’t judge yourself for what happened in the past.
5. Know your triggers.
6. Have a plan to cope with your triggers.
7. Challenge negative and self-defeating thinking.
8. Seek out healthy and inspiring role models.
9. Accept yourself completely.
10. Practice self-care.
1. I am unique
2. I am worthwhile
3. I am worthy
4. I can change
5. I can make it
6. I can succeed
7. I can be happy and have a great life.
1. Get up early
2. Express gratitude for what you have
3. Do something productive
4. Do something fun
5. Do something for someone else
6. Get some sunlight
7. Exercise – it doesn’t matter what – just do some exercise
8. Put a smile in someone’s face
9. Express gratitude or compliment someone
10. Learn or do something new.
1. Pay attention to any physical needs.
2. Carve out relaxation time.
3. Spend time with people who like you, and who get you.
4. Take time to feel proud of the things you have achieved.
5. Decide and enforce healthy boundaries.
6. Allow yourself to openly disagree with others.
7. Decide on your own goals – and then go after these.
8. Allow yourself to fail, and sometimes make mistakes.