1. Try to reconnect with an old friend from “way back” – even if it’s just by facebook or text.
2. Get outside and enjoy the fresh air – and notice the beauty and the freedom you sense there.
3. Read a good book – and enjoy being inspired and imaging a life in a different kind of world.
4. Get on your bike, jog, or go to the gym – as exercise is great for improving your mood.
5. Chat to the people who serve you in the store, or at the coffee shop … or anywhere you are – it can make you feel a part of that greater world out there.
6. Listen to some music that makes you feel alive, and maybe even dance, or try to sing along to it.
7. Remind yourself it’s normal to be alone at times, and you don’t need other people to give you self esteem.
1. Write about the things that are getting you down.
2. Go for a walk, or exercise.
3. Do something creative.
4. Listen to your favourite music.
5. Make a list of the things you’re thankful for.
6. Take a break from your phone and social media.
7. Do something kind for yourself.
8. Do something kind for someone else.
9. Watch a funny movie.
10. Remind yourself that feelings are temporary.
1. Believe that you can have a new, and better, future.
2. Believe that you can get there – one step and day at a time.
3. Allow yourself to really feel your feelings.
4. Don’t judge yourself for what happened in the past.
5. Know your triggers.
6. Have a plan to cope with your triggers.
7. Challenge negative and self-defeating thinking.
8. Seek out healthy and inspiring role models.
9. Accept yourself completely.
10. Practice self-care.
1. I am unique
2. I am worthwhile
3. I am worthy
4. I can change
5. I can make it
6. I can succeed
7. I can be happy and have a great life.
1. Get up early
2. Express gratitude for what you have
3. Do something productive
4. Do something fun
5. Do something for someone else
6. Get some sunlight
7. Exercise – it doesn’t matter what – just do some exercise
8. Put a smile in someone’s face
9. Express gratitude or compliment someone
10. Learn or do something new.
1. Pay attention to any physical needs.
2. Carve out relaxation time.
3. Spend time with people who like you, and who get you.
4. Take time to feel proud of the things you have achieved.
5. Decide and enforce healthy boundaries.
6. Allow yourself to openly disagree with others.
7. Decide on your own goals – and then go after these.
8. Allow yourself to fail, and sometimes make mistakes.
1. Don’t listen to gossip.
2. Ignore what people say about you.
3. Design your own life.
4. Look for the good in every situation.
5. Develop an attitude of gratitude.
6. Laugh more.
7. Once it’s past, let it go.
When it rains, look for rainbows. When it’s dark, look for stars.
If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself. If you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and negative in yourself. Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation.
We loved with a love that was more than love.